Text on back of picture:
Middletown Post Office.
Middletown Post Office was established on October 22, 1816. Stacy Beakes was the postmaster. From June 23, 1829 until September 10, 1849, the post office was South Middletown. In 1826 the office was moved to 45 East Main Street. It moved to various sites, and the present Federal Building was dedicated on November 16, 1911.