Select a Magnification Level: Small View // Larger View // Full View

[View the Previous Image]
Text on back of picture: Old Ursuline Academy at East Main & Grand. Text included on photo from the Bicentennial Journal, 7/4/76: "Two sons of Samuel Wickham, Israel and Samuel, Jr., also built along the Minising Road. Israel Wickham built on land formerly occupied by the Ursuline Academy at 239 East Main Street. On this site, now occupied by the Acme Market, was Ogden's hotel built about 1860 which later became a residence. This building became a part of Ursuline convent and Academy from 1886 until 1951. The building was razed in 1959 after a destructive fire."
[View the Next Image]
[Table of Contents]